Why does Edgeband USA only supply FSC® Certified Edgebanding ?
1. You can buy our products with a clear conscience.
2. The FSC® label guarantees that the tress harvested are replaced or allowed to regenerate naturally.
3. Areas of the forest are protected entirely and set aside as conservation areas to protect rare animals and plants.
4. FSC® is the only wood certification scheme endorsed by the major environmental charities, including WWF & Greenpeace.
5. FSC® protects the rights of indigenous people to use the forest.
6. FSC® gives an assurance that future generations will be able to enjoy the benefits of the forest.
7. The forest owner must use local workers to run the forest, provide training, safety equipment, a decent salary and often obliged to support the local community in other ways, such as through the development of schools.
8. FSC® is a market-based initiative which also ensures better conditions for the forest and people whose livelihoods depend on it.
9. All the wood is tracked from the forest to the store. Every link between the forest and the consumer is certified to make it clearly identifiable which wood is FSC® certified and which is not.
10. Buying FSC® certified edgebanding from us ensures the future of our business and your’s !